Railway engineering is our core expertise as CORAIL Engineering was founded by experienced railway engineers who have been involved in diversified large scale projects related to Rolling stock, signalling systems and urban rail infrastructure.
Our team participates in all the phases of the V-cycle
Assistance at bid phase
- Feasibility studies
- Technical proposal
- Assistance during the preparation of the specifications
- Selection of suppliers
- Functional analysis
- System specification
- Architecture and interfaces definition
- Requirements Management
- Functional & Architectural Modelling (SART, SADT, UML, …)
- Support our partners in setting-up an effective organization and a Quality Management System to conform to the required standards (ISO 9001, CENELEC, IRIS, CMMi..)
- Production of the Quality Management Plan and other quality plans (configuration management plan, V&V plans,..)
- Identification of the safety activities for the demonstration of the System / software safety.
- Allocation of the Safety Integrity Level to the System or to a Sub-System: SIL0, SIL1/2 or SIL3/4.
- Verification of the design and the V&V
- Carrying out safety analyses for qualitative assessment: PHA (Preliminary Hazard Analysis), SHA/ SSHA (System / Sub-system Hazard Analysis), OSHA (Operating System Hazard Analysis) and IHA (Interface Hazard Analysis), and for quantitative assessment: FTA (Fault Tree Analysis).
- Producing Hazard Log and Safety Cases to achieve safety certification and acceptance against the CENELEC standards
Verification and validation
- Producing V&V plan
- Review of the outputs at each phase of the v-cycle
- Unitary tests
- Integration and non-regression tests
- Overall tests
- Electrical design (traction chain components and auxiliary sub-systems)
- Control/command systems (TCMS, Traction/Brake Control units, embedded networks etc…)
- Mechanical Design (CAD and FEA calculation of Body-Shell, Bogie and other structural components)
- Auxiliary sub-systems (HVAC, CVS,…)
- Interlocking systems
- National ATPs’
- Catenary systems: feasibility studies, outline and detailed design and technical support to construction.
- AC and DC Traction power : preliminary specification and outline design of traction substations for metro, light rail and mainline operators.
- Track system: preliminary studies, detailed track engineering and construction site supervision.
- Depot and workshop design.